In this episode by basketball coaches for basketball coaches…
(originally recorded on 7/20/12)
- We are proud to announce the release of Inspirational Quotes for Sports Coaches: 18th edition. This includes over 60 pages of quotes in categories designed specifically for coaches. Save time, hassle, and money by having relevant quotes at your fingertips for only $19.99. But wait, members of our free mailing list will receive a code good for $10 off, and the first 100 coaches to buy the ebook will receive new editions completely free!
II. An interview with Coach Rick Torbett of Better Basketball
- Better Basketball’s Rick Torbett. Better Basketball has an extensive lineup of basketball skills building videos, then moved into team offense with the Read & React Offense, and last year released a team defense system with their Dynamic Defense. I actually recorded this podcast before I was able to see the Dynamic Defense, but used React and React with my teams for years- that is why I felt comfortable having Rick on the show!
Among the things we discuss are…
- Better Basketball’s Dynamic Defense and Read and React Offense
- How they came about
- The basic concepts and levels
- How they can motivate players (and parents!)
III. Basketball Coaching Tip of the Week: Point Guard Tips
8 Things a Quality Point Guard Must Have form Coach Jerry Meyer
- High Skill Level
Until next time, Coach ’em up!
About the author: After coaching and working with basketball teams at the college, high school, and youth level in a variety of roles for 18 years, I have returned to finish my Ph.D. in Kinesiology & Sport Studies. This www.CoachingBasketballWisely.com website is a way to share the coaching tips, strategies, and techniques gathered in a career in coaching. See more info on me here.
If you like what we do please leave us a rating on iTunes &
sign up for our free newsletter at the top right.
Our Coaching Basketball Wisely podcasts are way to help basketball coaches of all experience levels learn how to coach basketball, and how to coach basketball better, faster! Whether you are a youth basketball coach, a middle school basketball coach, a high school basketball coach, a college basketball coach, or a professional basketball coach we all need to keep learning! We cover basketball practice tips, basketball recruiting tips, work-life balance, and much more. If there are particular basketball coaching tips or topics that you would like to see covered in future episodes please let us know!!