The Coaching Basketball Wisely Two-Part Mission:
1. Helping you do a better coaching job
2. Helping you get a better coaching job
Who is CBW for?
- Any coach, any level, anywhere.
- In fact, 60,000+ coaches (and growing daily), from around the world (over 80 countries!) are already part of the movement.
What is CBW?
- Coaching Basketball Wisely exists to help you grow as a professional through research-based tips & strategies that go beyond the X’s & O’s to the heart of coaching.
- Let’s face it, there are many, many, many basketball websites out there, but this is the only one I’m aware of that uses the practical experience of a coach who has been a part of both championship seasons and seasons where we struggled (at the youth, high school, mid-major NCAA Division I, and high-major NCAA Division I levels), plus rigorous research into coaching and leadership worldwide (by earning a Ph. D. in Kinesiology and Sport Studies, working as an Assistant Professor in Coaching Education teaching master’s level courses, and speaking on coaching internationally) to filter the mountain of knowledge out there into useful, actionable knowledge. Anyone can gather knowledge, but knowing how and when to apply that knowledge at the right time, in the right way is wisdom.
Why was CBW founded?
- I was blessed to have several mentors who taught me so much about coaching and leadership, on and off the court, that I feel compelled to give back to the game and the profession that has been so good to me. As I often say in speaking engagements around the world, “You might have heard people say, ‘Put your money where your mouth is. Well, I say, ‘Put your life where your mouth is, not just your money!'” I quit my coaching and teaching job that I loved, sold my house, my truck, and just about everything I could, and moved my wife and family to a new state so I could pursue my Ph.D. in Kinesiology and Sport Studies to study coaching and leadership.” I now get to dig deep into the premier coaching and leadership best practices from around the world as an Assistant Professor of Coaching Education at Georgia Southern University.
How does CBW share coaching wisdom?
- Podcasts– these are audio interviews with men’s and women’s international, professional, college, and youth coaches and also basketball coaching tips from a variety of sources. You can subscribe to these in iTunes.
- Blog– posts with tips on a variety of coaching issues.
- Resources (both free and for purchase)- will be regularly added to assist you in your coaching.
- Newsletter- sign up below for the latest updates from CBW.
- Memberships (Coming soon!)
We are always looking for ways to help coaches, so if you don’t see something that you want or need, please let us know!
Coach ’em up!
Dr. Hal Wilson
About Me: If you are interested in more detailed info on me, please click here. I am passionate about the positive side of sports and the positive influence of coaches. In fact, the two most influential people in my life, other than my parents, were my high school football coach and my college basketball coach. I have spent the last 20+ years traveling the world and soaking up the best practices of coaches at all levels. It is now my passion to share those coaching ideas with you and hearing what works for you as well! Thanks for stopping by.