- The University of Mary Washington, an NCAA Division III institution located in Fredericksburg, VA, seeks applicants for the position of Head Men’s Basketball Coach/Lecturer.
- The University is part of the state system of Virginia and enrolls approximately 5,000 total students.
- Fredericksburg is a vibrant and historic city located just off Interstate 95 halfway between Washington, DC and Richmond, VA.
- This is a full-time, nine-month position reporting to the Director of Athletics/Chair of Athletics, Health and Physical Education.
- The head coach will be responsible for all facets of the program, including, but not limited to, recruiting and retaining qualified student-athletes, academic performance of student-athletes, overseeing budget and travel, fundraising, supervision of assistant coaches, practice and game preparation and coaching, and other duties as assigned.
- The head coach will also be responsible for teaching limited activity classes in the department of Athletics, Health, and Physical Education.
- Applications will be accepted until April 16, 2014 and must be submitted online at careers.umw.edu.
- The University of Mary Washington is an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum requirements include a master’s degree and previous basketball playing and/or coaching experience.
- Preferred qualifications include at least five years’ experience as a head or assistant collegiate basketball coach.
- Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience