- This is a full-time, contract position.
- Schedule of hours is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m with extended hours.
- Travel will be required.
- The assistant coach is responsible for assisting with all aspects of an NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball program including, but not limited to, the identification and recruitment of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes
- Supporting the academic progress of student-athletes
- Preparing and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition
- Fostering the academic, athletic, and personal growth of student-athletes
- Organizing team and staff travel arrangements
- Facilitating administrative duties and paperwork
- Managing the distribution and ordering of team equipment and supplies
- Coordinating and administering special events and representing the sports program as needed in association with promoting and fundraising for the program.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Coaching and recruiting experience and success at the collegiate level (minimum of 3 years).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Exceptional administrative and organizational abilities.
- Strong commitment to the academic achievement of student-athletes.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA regulations.
- Ability to act as a mentor.
- Experience working effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Computer experience for tracking scholar-athlete performance.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Women’s Basketball coaching experience at the Division I level.
- Master’s degree.
- Strong computer skills.
- Hired applicant must successfully pass a background check through the Department of Justice.
- Apply by April 16, 2014. Please complete the online application at jobs.ucr.edu.