- Assist the head coach in all phases of the specified sport program including, but not limited to, recruiting qualified student-athletes, organization of practice and competition, scheduling, budget management, supervision of academic progress, public relations, and compliance with University, Conference, and NCAA rules.
- Assist and communicate with the head coach to plan, develop and promote a highly competitive NCAA Division I program.
- Assist the head coach in organizing and implementing practice and training procedures for the development and improvement of individuals and team skills.
- Successfully identify, select and recruit prospective student-athletes who display the athletic and academic talents and ability to successfully compete in the MAC and BGSU.
- Display knowledge and adhere to all rules and regulations, pertaining to the sport as established by the NCAA, MAC, and the University.
- Complete and report in a timely fashion, all Department, University, and Conference administrative information, as well as academic, recruiting and financial information.
- Monitor budget expenditures to assure fiscal responsibility.
- Assist in the development and implementation of fundraising activities.
- Assist with the planning and execution of camps and clinics.
- Attend required department meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Also required, Basic first aid and CPR training, and pass the NCAA recruiting test annually.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
- One to two years a college coaching and/or club coaching experience or other relevant experience at the Division I, II, III, NAIA, Junior College or High School level (graduate assistantship experience accepted).
- Additional Salary Information: This is a full time Coaching staff position.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
- Full benefit package available.