- The primary function of this position is to serve as the head coach of the men’s basketball team at the University of Illinois Springfield responsible for the management, development, and implementation of all aspects of and NCAA Division II intercollegiate men’s basketball program including but not limited to budgeting, planning, organizing and scheduling, recruitment, skill instruction, academic support, and game plan development.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Full-time, 100% appointment
- Starting Date: As soon as possible once the position is filled.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- 1.Development of a competitive intercollegiate men’s basketball program within a manner consistent with the philosophy, objectives, and guidelines of NCAA Division II, the Great Lakes Valley Conference and UIS.
- 2.Demonstration of compliance with all NCAA DII and Great Lakes Valley Conference rules; including timely submission of all compliance forms, adherence to all compliance policies and procedures, and attendance of mandatory NCAA rules education sessions. Coaches will be held accountable for all NCAA DII rules compliance, and compliance will be part of the yearly evaluation process. Repeated secondary violations and/or a major violation will be considered grounds for immediate termination of employment within the Intercollegiate Athletic Department at UIS.
- 3.Management, development, and implementation of all aspects of a DII intercollegiate men’s basketball program including but not limited to budgeting, planning, organizing and scheduling, recruitment, skill instruction, and game plan development.
- 4.Recruitment of athletically talented and academically qualified student-athletes in support of the University’s mission and philosophy.
- 5.Monitoring academic performance and progress of men’s basketball student-athletes.
- 6.Fundraising, marketing and promoting men’s basketball and intercollegiate athletics at UIS.
- 7.Attend Athletic Department meetings as scheduled during the year.
- 8.Hold office hours in the Athletic Office area in the Recreation and Athletic Center.
- 9.Coordinate men’s basketball tournaments and camps in an effort to increase local and regional exposure of UIS and UIS men’s basketball.
- 10.Perform other related duties as assigned by the athletic administration.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years coaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability in skill instruction, practice and game plan development, academic monitoring and personal development of student-athletes, fundraising and public relations.
- General administrative skills including budgeting and scheduling, strong leadership skills, and knowledge and commitment to NCAA DII rules compliance.
- Master’s degree.
- Tenure of successful collegiate coaching experience with a proven record of recruiting talented. academically qualified student athletes.
- To apply, please select the “Apply To Job” tab below and upload a letter of application addressing qualifications related to the position, a resume and the names, email addresses and phone numbers of three professional references.
- For full consideration, application materials must be received by April 4, 2014.
- All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered.
- For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Allison Thornley (firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-206-8570).
- For more information about the position, you may contact Kim Pate, Director of Athletics (email@example.com, 217-206-7592).
- Internal Number: 40933