- Assist the Head Men’s Basketball coach develop a quality NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball program that will be competitive on the floor and in the classroom within NCAA guidelines and in a professional manner.
Essential Duties Include:
- Assist the Head Coach with every phase of a Division I basketball program
- Assist with all on court practice sessions
- Oversee individual basketball skills sessions
- Recruit quality student athletes that can compete at the NCAA Division I level
- Work with head coach to schedule a competitive Division I schedule
- Recommend/purchase equipment needed for practice and performance with budgeted funds.
Assist the Head Coach to:
- Coach the positions assigned
- Break down game film
- Develop scouting reports
- Develop offensive/defensive skills of assigned position(s)
- Assist to organize and arrange team travel plans
- Oversee and promote compliance of NCAA rules
- Work to enhance image of university
- Assist in organization of camps and clinics sponsored by the Men’s Basketball program and promote positive community relations within the community and local school systems.
- Serve as an authority figure, a role model and a counselor to our student athletes advising them in matters related to their sport and education.
- Make public appearances and speak at civic events within the community as assigned
- Attend National and Conference meetings and/or conventions to remain current in their sport.
- Expected to know and follow NCAA rules and regulations and successfully pass the recruiting test each year to recruit for the university
- Expected to immediately report any known violations of NCAA rules to the Director of Compliance
- Must have a coaching philosophy similar to the head coach.
- The head coach is responsible for the oversight of the program and may assign other related duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of high school, college, AAU or professional coaching and/or playing experience at the college level required.