- The University of Arkansas at Monticello (www.uamont.edu/jobs) is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach.
- This is a full-time, non-tenure appointment.
- The responsibilities include assisting in the implementation and management of all phases of a competitive NCAA Division II women’s basketball program in accordance with NCAA, Great American Conference, and University regulations including on-court coaching, recruiting, scheduling, traveling, managing budget, supervising athletes, fundraising, promoting and monitoring academic progress of student athletes, and part-time teaching in the area of health and physical education.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Head Coach.
- Baccalaureate degree is required, master’s degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA and Great American Conference bylaws
- Commitment to the academic success of student athletes
- The ability to organize and motivate student athletes to maximum performance level.
- Must have a minimum of two years coaching experience.
- A competitive background in college and/or junior college coaching with teaching experience preferred.
- The ability to work, communicate, and develop rapport with students, faculty, administration, alumni, community groups, and media is required.
- CDL certification will be required upon the completion of the hiring process.
- This position was created with the help of the NCAA Division II Coaching and Enhancement Grant and the individual selected must be an ethnic minority and/or female in order to receive grant funds.
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience including excellent fringe benefits.
- Send a letter of application stating interest in the position, complete résumé, and names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references (off-list references may be checked) to: Tanya Ray, Head Women’s Basketball Coach, UAM Box 3499, Monticello, AR 71656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No phone calls will be taken.
- Review of applicant data will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- UAM is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and is subject to FOI requests.