- Develop and maintain a winning basketball program in Region XIV Athletic Conference.
- On floor coaching
- Prepare and manage budgets
- Teach required physical education classes
- Practice sessions
- Travel arrangements
- Fund raising
- Weight and conditioning programs
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of coaching experience required, preferably at the college level.
- Master’s Degree in Kinesiology or related field preferred.
- Experience in coaching basketball and recruiting
- Experience with basketball camps and individual clinics
- Must possess a valid drivers license and proof of insurability.
- Demonstrate high moral and ethical behavior on and off the athletic court
- Possess a desire to assist in maintaining and building a high quality basketball program.
- Applications will be accepted til April 1 and a decision made soon in order to fill the position to give the new coach an opportunity to recruit and prepare for the 2014-2015 year.
- Applicants not following the Panola College application procedures will not be considered or notified for this position.