Assistant Coach Women’s Basketball Coach Southern Illinois University Carbondale is an NCAA Division I member of the Missouri Valley Conference.
- Identify and recruit quality student-athletes.
- Assist with the organization and conduct practices and competitions.
- Promote the welfare and academic progress of students and athletes.
- Assist with the daily administrative duties of the program.
- Participate in fundraising and public relations activities.
- Assist with summer camps.
- Ensure compliance of the basketball program with University, NCAA and MVC rules.
- Assist with the budget implementation.
- Manage equipment and uniform inventories and interface with equipment staff to order and maintain appropriate sizes and supplies.
- Manage game film exchange as well as video editing and storage for game preparation.
- Coordinate pre-game warm up, manage practice players.
- Will travel with the Head Coach and team members to various sites within the U.S. to coach the team during competitions.
- Will also travel to various sites within the U.S. to recruit prospective team members.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Education and three (3) years of collegiate basketball coaching or college basketball playing experience and demonstrated recruiting ability.
- Requires a thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations and technical knowledge of basketball.
- Full-time, Salary: $27,703.00-$56,000.00.
- This is a security-sensitive position; the University will conduct a pre-employment background investigation, which includes a criminal background check, prior to any employment offer.