- July 1, 2014. Consideration of applications begins immediately
- Salary Mid to Upper $40’s DOQ. Excellent benefits package.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Duties include, but are not limited to management and development of all aspects of a collegiate men’s basketball program: coaching, recruiting, scouting, scheduling, budget and scholarship management, supervision of assistant/student coaches, academic monitoring, development of team policies and procedures, development and implementation of off-season conditioning, knowledge of and adherence to college, conference, and NAIA rules and regulations, as well as marketing and fund-raising for the program.
- Masters preferred in physical education or related field. Previous head coaching experience at the college and/or high school level is strongly preferred; previous recruitment experience helpful. An ability to work in an environment where the education, welfare, and graduation of student-athletes receive primary emphasis. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven managerial and fiscal skills required. Sensitivity to diversity and equity issues also required. Must have valid driver’s license and follow all rules and regulations of the College, NAIA, and HAAC.
- An employment application is available on our website at www.peru.edu – please select ‘employment’, or contact Human Resources at (402) 872-2230. Send the completed application plus letter of interest, resume, and contact information for 3 current references (name, address, telephone number and email) to: Human Resources, Peru State College, PO Box 10, Peru, NE 68421-0010.
Peru State College’s “Campus of a Thousand Oaks,” an arboretum campus, is nestled in historic southeast Nebraska. The state’s first and fastest-growing college, Peru State offers a unique mix of innovative online and traditional classroom undergraduate and graduate programs, including online graduate degrees in education and organizational management. Member institution of the Nebraska State College System.
Peru State College is an equal opportunity institution. PSC does not discriminate against any student, employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or age in employment and education opportunities, including but not limited to admission decisions. The College has designated an individual to coordinate the College’s nondiscrimination efforts to comply with regulations implementing Title VI, VII, IX, and Section 504. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies and practices may be directed to Eulanda Cade, Director of Human Resources, Title VI, VII, IX Compliance Coordinator, Peru State College, PO Box 10, Peru, NE 68421-0010, (402) 872-2230.