- Assist the Head Women’s Basketball Coach develop a quality NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball program that will be competitive on the floor and in the classroom within NCAA guidelines and in a professional manner.
- assist the Head Coach with every phase of a Division I basketball program;
- assist with all on court practice sessions;
- oversee individual basketball skill sessions;
- recruit quality student athletes that can compete at the NCAA Division I level;
- work with head coach to schedule a competitive Division I schedule;
- recommend/purchase equipment needed for practice and performance with budgeted funds.
- Assist the Head Coach to:
- coach the positions assigned;
- break down game film;
- develop scouting reports,
- develop offensive/defensive skills of assigned position(s);
- assist to organize and arrange team travel plans;
- oversee and promote compliance of NCAA rules;
- work to enhance image of the university;
- assist in organization of camps and clinics sponsored by the women’s basketball program and promote positive community relations within the local school systems.
- Serve as an authority figure, a role model and a counselor to our student athletes advising them in matters related to their sport and education.
- Make public appearances or speak at civic events within the community as assigned;
- attend National and Conference meetings and/or conventions to remain current in their sport.
- Expected to know and follow NCAA rules and regulations and successfully pass the recruiting test each year to recruit for the university;
- expected to immediately report any known violations of NCAA rules to the Director of Compliance;
- must have a coaching philosophy similar to the head coach.
- The Head coach is responsible for the oversight of the program and may assign other related duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of progressively responsible high school, college, Amateur Athletic Union (AAU), and/or professional coaching experience required.
- Masters degree and four years of progressively responsible professional and/or collegiate coaching experience preferred.
Additional Salary Information:
- Commensurate with experience