- Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with the development and supervision of the student-athletes in the men’s basketball program; assisting with organizing, conducting, and supervising all practices and games; assisting with recruiting quality student-athletes; assisting with scheduling nationally competitive teams; assisting with budgetary responsibilities including recruitment, team travel, and equipment; committing to and monitoring student-athlete academic progress; and participating in community and sport specific fundraising efforts and public relations.
- This position may include teaching responsibilities within a department in the University.
- Bachelor’s degree; prior athletic participation in men’s and/or women’s basketball; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse student population.
- Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA rules and regulations; experience in men’s and/or women’s basketball as a player or coach at the college level; demonstrated ability to assist with coaching and recruiting highly skilled student-athletes; demonstrated public relations skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; excellent organizational skills; ability to teach at the University level.
- Finalist will be required to submit signed SC-1 form and official transcript from institution awarding the highest degree.
- A letter of application addressing the qualifications listed above (please include recruitment number – 2143) along with resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references.
- Review of Applications will begin on or about April 14, 2014 and the position will remain open until filled. Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to (no phone calls please): Leah Williams-Daniels; Director of Administrative Operations; Long Beach State Athletics; 1250 Bellflower Boulevard; Long Beach, CA 90840-7701; Fax: 562-985-8197, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with experience. This position comes with an attractive benefits package, which includes a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month, an excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance and retirement benefits, among others.
Internal Number: 2143