In this episode by basketball coaches for basketball coaches….
I. An interview with Maryville University Head Coach Kevin Carroll.
Maryville is a DII school in the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC).
Click here for a link to Coach Carroll’s bio from the Maryville University website.
Among the things we discuss in the interview are…
- What he learned from other coaches along the way.
- How he’s building the new DII program at Maryville University.
- The difference in coaching high school basketball vs. college basketball.
- DII vs. DI basketball recruiting.
- Balancing his personal life and the job.
- Tips for young coaches wanting to get into college coaching.
- Tips for players to get recruited.
- Preseason, Inseason, & Postseason ideas for your teams.
II. The Tip of the Week: Video Breakdown to Get the Most Out of Your Players and Team
Save time & money with Krossover’s basketball digital video breakdown product! Visit their website for more info or to purchase- www.krossover.com Save 25% off Krossover’s Season Package (priced at $995 as of 10/30/11) just by using the promo code CBW2011. Price is subject to change!
- ***UPDATE Krossover was not able to meet their lofty promises. They say they are expanding in the future.
I have been involved in coaching and working with basketball teams at the college and high school level in a variety of roles for 18 years. This www.CoachingBasketballWisely.com website is a way to share the coaching tips, strategies, and techniques gathered in a career in coaching. See more info on me here. Please sign up for our free newsletter at the top right of the page.
If you like what we do please leave us a rating on iTunes &
sign up for our free newsletter at the top right.
Our Coaching Basketball Wisely podcasts are way to help basketball coaches of all experience levels learn how to coach basketball, and how to coach basketball better, faster! Whether you are a youth basketball coach, a middle school basketball coach, a high school basketball coach, a college basketball coach, or a professional basketball coach we all need to keep learning! If there are particular basketball coaching tips or topics that you would like to see covered in future episodes please let us know!