Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach Job Description:
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to:
- recruiting qualified student-athletes while maintaining a recruiting database;
- coordinating on-campus prospect visits; off-campus recruiting;
- practice and game planning; on the floor coaching in practice and game situations;
- commitment to player development both in strength and skill; scouting opponents; monitoring student-athlete academic development and well-being;
- assisting with organizing and directing camps and clinics;
- working closely with the university admissions office and NCAA Compliance Coordinator;
- committing to University and NCAA rules and regulations.
The candidate must have knowledge of NCAA rules and compliance, as well as effective communication, leadership skills and positive student-athlete, campus community, alumni and athletics department relations.
Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach Job Requirements:
- Coaching or playing experience at the college is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.