Graduate Assistant Job Description:
- Wheeling Jesuit University is seeking a Graduate Assistant for Women’s Basketball.
- The graduate assistant will coach the junior varsity team and will be in charge of tactical play and analysis, inclusive of formations, individual technical advice, and the passing of game knowledge and experience as well as enhance team performance.
- The graduate assistant will also help with the recruitment of student-athletes for the Women’s Basketball team.
- Assist in player development both on an individual and team basis.
- Assess squad and recognize different formations, technical and tactical possibilities, and training sessions and structure training and game situations accordingly. This requires extensive knowledge and experience of games.
- Recognize individual talent for recruiting specific to team requirements through on-going assessment of team performance.
- Structure and participate in specific training and fitness techniques relative to the game.
- Make instant decisions in pressure game situations.
- Set role specific targets by assessing individual players. Inform players of their responsibilities, duties, roles.
- Assist with the Varsity team.
- July 27, 2012
- Application material must include:
•Letter of application describing your relevant experience
•A copy of your full acceptance letter into the Master’s Program at WJU
•Contact information for three to five references
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN