Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach/Lecturer Job Description:
- Assistant coach for Division II women’s basketball program, to begin work mid-August.
- Full-time, 9-month position (mid-August to mid-May) with State benefits.
- Assist with all facets of the women’s basketball program as assigned by the Head Coach including student-athlete recruitment, scouting, academic monitoring of players, game and practice planning, fundraising, and on-the-court coaching.
- Teach six credit hours/semester of coursework in Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Sports Department and serve on committees, assist with accreditation processes and programmatic review. 50% basketball coaching and 50% teaching.
Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach/Lecturer Job Requirements:
- Minimum qualifications include master’s degree in Health, Phys Ed, Recreation or related field and valid driver’s license.
- Strongly preferred qualifications include previous college playing and college coaching.
- College teaching experience also preferred.
- Experience with COPLAC or NCAA Division II member institutions and experience with Front Rush recruiting software and Hudl video systems are also preferred.
- All applicants must apply on line via http://www.shepherd.edu/hrweb/
- Applicants must submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
- Shepherd University is situated in the Shenandoah Valley, on the banks of the Potomac River, in historic Shepherdstown, West Virginia. The oldest town in the state, Shepherdstown is a quaint university community, with the town and campus combining to offer a unique learning-living environment. Located in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, Shepherdstown is within 20 miles of nearby Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. It is only 65 miles from the metropolitan areas of Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, Maryland.
- Within a short hike or drive of the campus are such well-known historic landmarks as Harpers Ferry and the Antietam Battlefield. Across the Potomac River from the campus is the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park. The C & O Canal National Historical Park, developed along the towpath of the old canal, is a beautiful recreational sanctuary, extending 184.5 miles from Cumberland, Maryland, to Georgetown, in the nation’s capital. Richmond and Williamsburg, Virginia, as well as New York and Philadelphia, are all within a few hours drive of Shepherdstown.
- Guest lecturers and performers, field trips, internships, and career opportunities are advantages directly related to the location of Shepherd University.