Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach Job Description:
- The Bradley University Department of Athletics invites applications for the position of Director of Women’s Basketball Operations.
- This twelve-month, full-time position is responsible for assisting with all phases of a Division I women’s basketball program while upholding the values and mission of Bradley Athletics which is to provide every student-athlete the opportunity for a distinctive education and a championship experience.
- Responsibilities of the position include:
- on-campus recruiting,
- electronic film exchange,
- videotape coordination,
- camp/clinic administration,
- coordination of team travel and other administrative duties as assigned by the Head Women’sBasketball Coach.
Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach Job Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Collegiate coaching and/or playing experience is required, preferably at the NCAA Division I level.
- The successful candidate must possess…
- strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- the ability to recruit prospective student athletes;
- proficiency and in-depth knowledge of the game of basketball;
- a commitment to excellence, sensitivity to cultural differences and a commitment to the mission and values of Bradley Athletics.
- The position requires significant travel.
- Proficiency with computer applications, general office software and knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
- CPR Certification is required within 30 days of hire.
To ensure full consideration submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume and contact information for three professional references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Assistant Basketball Coach.
Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.
Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size, comprehensive private institution of higher learning and has been cited by the Princeton Review, Kiplinger and U.S. News for its educational excellence. The University is located on a 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in Central Illinois. With 5,000 undergraduate and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with over 130 programs in five colleges, plus a graduate school) and the quality, personal attention, and challenge of a small private college. Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation’s best comprehensive universities. For additional information visit www.bradley.edu and www.bradleybraves.com