- The head women’s basketball coach is responsible for initiating various aspects of the Women’s Basketball program, such as recruiting, scheduling opponents, and training squad members.
- The Head Coach of the Women’s Basketball Program is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by the University of Charleston, the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WVIAC) and the NCAA.
- This is a full time, twelve-month position.
- UC is a member of the NCAA at the Division II level.
• Recruit, train, and coach members of the women’s basketball program
• Coordinate the total development and promotion of the women’s basketball program.
• Generate additional funds for support of the program
• Organize and schedule practice sessions
• Schedule games with approval of the Athletics Director
• Provide field care and maintenance when applicable
• Perform administrative tasks including budget management
• Demonstrate sound coaching philosophy and strong work ethic
• Effectively manage athletic scholarships and obtain assigned roster numbers and net revenue values for the women’s basketball squad
• Represent the University of Charleston and the women’s basketball program in a professional manner
• Provide oversight and training of part-time and volunteer assistant coaches
The University of Charleston is a private, four-year residential university that fields 15 NCAA Division II programs.
UC has an enrollment of approximately 1,500 students and is located in the state capital of West Virginia amidst magnificent mountains and rivers.
It has a panoramic view of the capitol building across the Kanawha River.
Charleston is easily accessible by air via Yeager Airport, by regional train and bus services, and by car via I-77, I-64, and I-79.