Basketball Coaching Jobs Description:
- Shenandoah University is accepting applications for the position of Head Women’s Basketball Coach.
- This is a full-time, 10-month appointment with an anticipated start date of August 2012.
- The University embraces diversity and encourages applications from members of historically underrepresented groups.
- Primary duties initially include the overall development of the women’s basketball program and the recruitment of qualified student athletes.
- Regular/on-going primary duties include:
- practice and game preparation;
- planning and executing daily workouts;
- game coaching;
- scouting of opponents;
- team travel;
- attending to player issues,
- on-going recruitment of qualified student-athletes; administrative duties, including budget management, purchasing and monitoring equipment, making travel arrangements and;
- maintaining correspondence, public relations and promotion of the women’s basketball program,
- a significant secondary responsibility will be assigned as well as other administrative duties by the Director of Athletics.
Shenandoah, located in northern Virginia in the Shenandoah Valley is a national liberal arts college and a first year member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference and the NCAA Division III. For more information on Shenandoah, please visit www.su.edu.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required. For more information visit www.su.edu. Complete applications will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. All materials are preferred electronically and sent to employment @su.edu with basketball in the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected. Paper applications are accepted by the Office of Human Resources, 1460 University Dr. Winchester, VA 22601. Shenandoah University supports and encourages diversity in the workplace. EOE.
Basketball Coaching Job Requirements:
- Significant and successful basketball coaching experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with qualifications and experience.