- Women’s Head Basketball Coach
- Status:Full-time, Academic Year Appointment
- Affiliation: Non-Union (Board of Governors)
- Reports To: Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, Intramurals and Recreation
As Head Coach, this individual is responsible for all aspects of the women’s basketball program (recruiting, conducting practices, games’ strategy, scheduling, academic monitoring, etc.). In addition to the position’s primary responsibility, this individual will also be responsible for specific aspects of the Student-Athlete Support Program.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Job Functions:
– Oversee and be responsible for all aspects of the women’s intercollegiate basketball program to include, but not be limited to, recruiting, conducting practices, game strategy, scheduling, etc.
– Assist in ongoing instructional basketball programs and clinics.
– Assist in departmental fundraising activities and coordinate fundraising activities as they relate to the women’s basketballprogram.
– Coordinate all aspects of the Department’s intramural programming.
– Build ongoing relationships with other campus departments to insure the successful outcome of recruiting student-athletes.
Occasional Job Functions: Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, Intramurals and Recreation.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: The employee is not exposed to known adverse environmental conditions.
The college requires that all applicants and employees be able to perform the essential functions of the job and will explore reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree. Experience: A minimum of five years of experience coaching at the intercollegiate level.
- IMPORTANT: For full job description, which includes additional Responsibilities and Requirements for the position and to apply on-line*, see our web site at https://employment.ric.edu/
*Candidates must apply on-line, using Rhode Island College’s PeopleAdmin Applicant Tracking system.
The position is “Open until Filled”.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution which values and is committed to expanding the diversity of its faculty and staff, the College invites members of protected classes, including minorities and persons with disabilities, to identify themselves as such at the time of application.