** Add says Assistant, but details say Head Coach- check for yourself if you are interested.
- Explore your next career move with Davenport University! An immediate opportunity is available for a Women’s Basketball coach at the W.A. Lettinga campus located in Grand Rapids, MI. Over the last nine seasons, the Lady Panthers have earned six Wolverine Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) titles and a national runner-up finish in the 2010-11 season. The women’s basketball team is proud to compete at home in our recently built Davenport University Student Center.
- The Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for the coaching and management of the program including recruitment of athletes, the scheduling of all practices and games and budget management for the program. As the head coach you will be responsible for planning, organizing and overseeing all aspects of athletic programming and activities for the program. This role will be responsible for the recruitment of full-time student athletes and the overall growth and development of the program.
1. Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of inter-collegiate games and practices.
2. Understand and abide by universal standards of confidentiality and ethical decision-making.
3. Coordinating all activities through the head coach.
4. Assist with the administration and organization of all aspects of the program.
5. Assist the head coach with recruitment and evaluation of new full-time students to the University.
6. Assist with the monitoring the academic performance, academic progress and social development of student-athletes and make referrals to the appropriate resources.
7. Aid in promoting the academic progress and graduation of student-athletes, including assisting with enforcement and monitoring of the mandatory study program.
8. Adhere to the policies and regulations outlined by the governing national affiliation.
9. Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
10. Report any known violations or concerns to administration.
11. Assist with the promotion and marketing of the program.
12. Assist the Athletic Department in athletic issues as needed.
13. Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
14. Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree required.
– A strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept and a working knowledge of national affiliation rules and regulations is required.
– Three to five years collegiate coaching experience including effective leadership, communication, coaching and recruiting skills is preferred.
– Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
– Strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude at all times.
– Must be able to work and relate well with the public, students, faculty and staff.
– Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems (PC and mainframe).
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
– Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
– Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
– Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
– Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
Davenport University offers an attractive compensation and benefits program. Offerings include medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous paid time off program, tuition remission, tuition reimbursement, retirement and flexible work arrangements where business conditions allow. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply online at https://jobs.davenport.edu
Davenport University is an equal opportunity employer.