- Frostburg State University, Athletics Department, is accepting applications for a full-time Women’s Basketball Intern.
- This is a full-time, 12 month internship.
- Hourly rate $10.33 (annual salary $21,486) with limited benefits included.
- Participants in the program will gain an increased level of work experience with exposure to all facets of coaching. This position combined with previous coaching experience is designed to prepare coaches for career advancement in intercollegiate athletics.
Assist with the day-to-day operations within the women’s basketball program. These duties include assisting with…
- maintaining equipment,
- advising student athletes,
- and all other duties as assigned by the head women’s basketball coach.
Frostburg State University is located in the Appalachian highlands (elevation 2,000 feet) of western Maryland. Of its more than 5,440 students, 21% are students of color, 4% are Hispanic and 2% Asian. Additionally 72 international students come from 17 countries. Approximately 2,100 reside on campus in 11 traditional halls and one apartment-style community. The main campus covers 260 acres within the town limits of Frostburg (population 7,500). The University also offers courses at the University System of Maryland at Hagerstown, on the Catonsville Campus of the Community College of Baltimore County and at Arundel Mills Regional Higher Education Center, as well as online.
FSU prides itself on being a dynamic, learning-centered organization that emphasizes teaching, but with opportunities for professional development and research. Students regularly build strong connections with faculty and staff members that often last beyond graduation.
The local region is rich in both history and outdoor activities. Students can visit nearby recreational areas—Rocky Gap, New Germany, and Deep Creek Lake State Parks—which offer camping, boating, swimming, hiking, and skiing. For more information, visit http://www.frostburg.edu/about.cfm.
To apply, email a letter of interest; resume; and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references by July 16, 2012, to email@example.com. Include “Athletic Intern – Women’s Basketball (Position #12-010499)” in the subject line.
Frostburg State University welcomes and encourages women and minorities to apply and seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce. FSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Appropriate auxiliary aids and services for qualified individuals with disability will be provided upon request. Please notify us in advance. WWW.FROSTBURG.EDU
- Master’s degree and 2 years previous coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year for year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.