SPORTS OPERATIONS COORDINATOR, ATHLETIC CORPORATION
(Full-time, temporary, 12-month appointment)
Vacancy # A288
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus full benefits
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support;
- researching, evaluating, and coordinating team travel;
- public relations and community service opportunities;
- budgetary and operational support for the Head Coach of the sport.
- The incumbent exercises considerable judgment and discretion in the planning, and execution of travel plans as well as in negotiating terms and conditions of contracts for competition, and purchase orders;
- researches, calculates and prepares the sport budget for approval by the Head Coach and the Associate AD for Business Operations,
- and monitors the approved sport budget.
- this position is responsible for approximately 18 student-athlete team members within the scope of the duties as assigned.
Duties of the position will include…
- coordination of team travel and logistics;
- development and coordination of competitive events;
- provide operational support to Head Coach;
- travel with team to away games, as required;
- review recruiting documentation for completeness and compliance with NCAA, MWC Conference and University policy and procedure;
- and assist in the monitoring of student academic success and classroom attendance.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year institution
• Knowledge of NCAA policies and procedures
• Knowledge of NCAA Division I women’s basketball operations
• Ability to interpret and comply with University and Conference policies and procedures
• Ability to:
– examine procedures and strategic initiatives which will enhance assigned sport operations
– negotiate and schedule intercollegiate competitive events
– schedule and coordinate public relations events and community service activities
– edit video tape and coordinate the tape exchange program
– exercise mature judgment and discretion under intense pressure and short time-lines
– successfully coordinate all travel and logistical needs of a Division I athletic team.
• Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional night and weekend work; and to travel with the team as requested.
• Ability and willingness to support the equity and diversity commitments of the department
• Ability to work effectively with individuals of various ethnic, racial and socio-economic groups
• A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
July 1, 2012
A University Application for Athletic Corporation Positions, a resume, and a list of three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is recommended.
California State University, Fresno
for the Athletic Corporation
Joyal Administration Building, Room 211
5150 North Maple Avenue, JA71
Fresno, California 93740-8026
Telephone: (559) 278-2383
FAX: (559) 278-4275
All forms are available on-line at http://jobs.csufresno.edu
Background investigations will be conducted, as required, depending upon the job requirements of a position. These could include, but are not limited to, processing of fingerprints through the Department of Justice and degree and license verifications. An offer of employment may or may not be extended based upon the results of these verifications.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual’s eligibility to be employed in the United States.
Pursuant to Executive Order 883, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual’s request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
University Information: (or website: http://www.fresnostate.edu/ ) California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses of the California State University System. The University’s mission is to offer high quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor’s and master’s levels, as well as in joint doctoral programs in selected areas. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while interacting with the state, nation, and world. Through transformational applied research, technical assistance, training and other related public service activities, the University builds partnerships and linkages with business, education, industry, and government. The University competes athletically in Division I-A and is a member of the Mountain West Conference.
The current enrollment is just over 21,300 students from diverse backgrounds, which creates a culturally rich environment. The campus, which has been designated as an arboretum, is spread over 1400 acres. Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000 is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within easy driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, Lake Tahoe, beaches, sailing lakes and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.