Head Women’s Basketball Coach Job Description:
The primary responsibility of this position is to handle all aspects of the women’s basketball team including recruiting, coaching, teaching and training and promoting good sportsmanship within the team. The coach will also be expected to work with the Director of Student Life and/or Athletic Director on eligibility and other matters pertaining to the team.
1. Recruit student athletes on campuses and at local high schools.
2. Organize, communicate and attend regular team and/or individual practices. Prepare schedule and communicate games with athletes; attend and participate in all games.
3. Inventory, distribute, and collect all team uniforms and equipment. Prepare any necessary items and areas of the sport prior to practices or games.
4. Assist Director of Student Life and/or Athletic Director with verifying athlete’s eligibility requirements; ensure athlete’s completion of any required paperwork prior to participation in any event.
5. Be knowledgeable and adhere to all current rules, by laws and eligibility requirements governing the sport and as required by the sports regulatory athletic association(s).
6. Advertise and promote the sport on campuses and centers. Compile game and season statistics and submit to any organizations as necessary or required (e.g. newspaper, sport association reporting requirements).
7. Maintain emergency contact information for athletes’ and share with appropriate College personnel in the event of an emergency.
8. Distribute and reconcile student funds; ensure that all college funds and student fees are accounted for using accepted college practices, and submit to Director of Student Life and/or Athletic Director in a timely manner.
9. Coordinate travel arrangements with athletes and drive College vehicle as needed or required.
10. Prepare and submit year end report to Director of Student Life and/or Athletic Director, including all pertinent information.
11. Organize fundraising projects for team trips.
12. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Previous collegiate coaching experience and collegiate playing experience within sport strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate College van.
- May require overnight travel.