Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach Job Description:
Westfield State University invites applications for Assistant Coach (NCAA Division III), part-time positions in the following areas:
• Assistant Coach, Women’s Basketball
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
- evaluating and recruiting qualified student-athletes;
- assisting with practice and game preparation and other duties assigned by head coach.
- The assistant coach will adhere to all NCAA Division III conference and University policies, regulations and procedures.
- These are part-time positions with no benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree required with demonstrated coaching success, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience as a college soccer student-athlete preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately. The deadline for application is July 13, 2012. The anticipated start date is August 1, 2012.
NOTE: FOR THOSE WHO ARE VIEWING THIS JOB POSTING FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE, YOU MUST APPLY USING THE UNIVERSITY’S ONLINE JOB SITE TO BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK TO APPLY: http://jobs.westfield.ma.edu
Westfield State University Athletic Department Mission
Intercollegiate athletics are a vital component of the total educational process. The responsibility of the athletics department is to provide the opportunity for all student-athletes to succeed both academically and athletically, with the goal of academic success and graduation. The department is committed to initiating, stimulating, and improving intercollegiate athletics by promoting physical fitness and sports participation.
Leadership development and teaching social responsibility and citizenship are also priorities. The athletics department is committed to providing the support necessary for its student-athletes to achieve high levels of performance within the Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletics Conference, the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference, the New England Football Conference, the New England Women’s Lacrosse Alliance, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
Westfield State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.