Head Women’s Basketball Coach Job Description:
- Penn State Harrisburg, an NCAA Division III institution invites applications for Head Women’s Basketball Coach/Equipment Manager, responsible to the Director of Athletics for the organization, development and leadership of the varsity women’s basketball intercollegiate athletic program in support of the mission and core values of the University.
- recruiting and retaining prospective student athletes;
- coordinating practice planning,
- skill development and designing strategies which prepare the team for competition;
- establish and enforce rules of conduct as well as mentoring student-athletes to foster athletic,
- academic, emotional, and social growth;
- hires, supervises and evaluates part-time coaches/staff;
- adheres to University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations while overseeing the activities of assistant coaches.
Other responsibilities include the management of equipment and game operations for all varsity intercollegiate athletics programs. These duties include managing a program for purchase, maintenance, distribution, cleaning, collection, storage and reconditioning of all intercollegiate athletics supplies, uniforms and equipment.
Manages home intercollegiate athletics contests and supervises game operations staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience.
Evenings and weekends required. To apply, send a cover letter, resume and references (in duplicate) to firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrea Hoerner, Penn State Harrisburg, Intercollegiate Athletics – 777 W. Harrisburg Pike, Middletown, PA 17057-4898. Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.