Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach Job Description:
Slippery Rock University invites applications for a full-time Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach.
Responsibilities: Assist head coach with organization and supervision of the women’s basketball program including:
- recruitment of qualified student-athletes with a commitment to academic success;
- compliance with NCAA, PSAC, and SRU rules and regulations;
- coaching and teaching both instructional skills and team concepts;
- counseling and mentoring student-athletes throughout the academic year;
- budgeting management;
- fundraising activities and promotions;
- organizing and directing camps and clinics;
- and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- minimum 2 years of successful collegiate basketball coaching experience or 2 years professional basketball playing experience;
- and working with diverse populations.
Online Applications OnlyGo to https://careers:sru.edu
Send letter of interest, resume, transcripts (official transcripts required before hiring), and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three current references to:
Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach Search Committee Tanya Longo c/o Athletics Office Slippery Rock University Slippery Rock, PA 16057
Full consideration will be given to applications received by July 11, 2012. Background investigation required for employment. Slippery Rock University is a member of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Visit our web page at www.sru.edu. TTY @ 724-738-4481