Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach Job Description:
The Oberlin College Department of Athletics and Physical Education invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach of Women’sBasketball. This is a full-time, 12-month Administrative and Professional Staff position, reporting to the Director of Athletics and Physical Education and working with the Head Coach of Women’s Basketball.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Head Coach of Women’s Basketball in all aspects of coaching, recruiting and administering the men’s basketball program. The incumbent will also have additional administrative responsibilities in the department.
- Within the range established for this position, salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications, and includes an excellent benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree required, a master’s degree is preferred; five years coaching and/or relevant competitive experience; solid administrative skills and the ability to motivate staff and volunteers to achieve administrative goals;
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- basic familiarity, appreciation and empathy with the role of intercollegiate athletics and its relationship to the College, and the capacity to articulate that role and interact comfortably with those individuals and constituency groups (student-athletes, alumni, coaches, parents, etc.) crucial to the advancement of athletics at Oberlin;
- high motivation with a capacity for hard work within the context of an intensely goal-oriented environment.
- Submit letter of application, résumé, two recent letters of recommendation, and three references with current contact information by July 6, 2012 to: Kerry Jenkins, Head Women’s Basketball Coach, Oberlin College, Philips Physical Education Center, 200 Woodland Street, Oberlin, Ohio 44074. Review of applications and materials will begin immediately.
Oberlin College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating an institutional environment free from discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, marital status, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, family relationship to an employee of Oberlin College, and gender identity and expression.