Assist with all aspects of the Women’s Basketball program under the direction and supervision of the Head Coach and in keeping with the policies established by the Athletic Director.
- Duties are consistent with the position of Assistant Coach and may be assigned by the Head Coach or the Athletic Director.
- The Assistant Coach will actively participate in practices and competitions, including, but not limited to, game preparation (including developing strategies and game plans), practice planning, skill and video sessions (including working individually with, advising, and critiquing student-athletes to develop and improve their skills), scouting opposing teams and players (including analyzing their strengths and weaknesses), scheduling, weight training and fitness programs.
- Recruiting is the primary responsibility; including but not limited to evaluating prospective student-athletes who meet both the athletic and academic profile of New Paltz, correspondence with the prospective student-athlete, her family and coaches, and setting up and executing campus visits.
- The Assistant Coach will evaluate prospective student-athletes, analyze and determine their abilities and whether they may succeed athletically and academically at New Paltz and recommend or determine which prospective student-athletes the team should focus its time and resources to recruit, and contact and recruit such prospects.
- Additional duties include the monitoring of student-athlete academic performance; conducting, advising, and counseling student-athletes regarding performance and conduct; identifying and addressing student-athlete welfare issues; and, representing the University in donor/alumni public relations and community programs.
Please email resume, cover letter and names and contacts of three references to James Seward, Head Women’s Basketball Coach, State University of New York at New Paltz, at email@example.com.