Women’s Basketball Coach Job Description:
- Rogers State University, a member of the NAIA and Sooner Athletic Conference, is accepting applications for the position of Head Women’s Basketball Coach.
- RSU is a candidate for NCAA Division II membership and has been granted provisional membership to the Heartland Conference.
- The Head Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for the management and administration of all phases of the women’s basketball program.
- The Head Women’s Basketball Coach is expected to adhere to the philosophy and objectives of the Department of Athletics.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for guiding the team through its continued development and anticipated transition to NCAA Division II.
Secondary duties include:
- Develop and adhere to an annual budget for the women’s basketball program.
- Participate in public relations activities, speaking engagements, and interviews.
- Support and participate in fundraising initiatives for the Department of Athletics under the direction of the Director of Athletics.
- Develop a competitive schedule and coordinate travel details for road contests.
- Provide oversight and direction for one full-time and one part-time assistant coach.
- Master’s degree and extensive knowledge of the sport of basketball with a demonstrated ability to teach the sport.
- Must have college coaching experience or high school head coaching experience.
- Head Coaching experience, recruiting and coaching experience at the college level.