Full-Time Basketball Coach FLSA Status: Exempt Department: Athletics – Basketball Program
Position Summary: Responsible for all aspects of training and coaching Student-Athletes.
- Prepare and implement a basketball training program for all Student-Athletes
- Assess the performance and skill development of each Student-Athlete and partner with the appropriate department for their continued development
- Help with the psychological preparation of the Student-Athlete in both pre-competition and post-competition
- Develop effective motivational strategies in preparation for practice and competition
- Work to develop comprehensive knowledge of basketball in decision-making, handling authority and setting and meeting objectives
- Serve as a positive mentor to Student-Athletes that fosters growth and development
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with student-athletes and parents regarding all aspects of program delivery.
- Skilled and proficient in all training techniques with desire for personal and professional development
- Assure proper safety is maintained during all practices and games
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability Experience coaching and/or playing basketball Skills in training and instructing the basic fundamentals and concepts of basketball
- Strong commitment to Student Athletes
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General computer skills with common programming such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with basic video technology such as editing, burning, and filming.
Preferred Skills Bilingual CPR Certification
Physical Demands and Work Environment Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs. Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time. Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc. Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required High energy environment that requires a significant amount physical conditioning and endurance to execute programs properly.
IMG Academies is the world’s largest and most advanced multi-sport training and education complex dedicated to developing the TOTAL ATHLETE. Located on the West Coast of Florida, Bradenton, offers year round sunshine, access to award winning beaches, unique shops and museums. Bradenton’s close proximity to Tampa/St. Pete puts you within an hour of the Buccaneers, the Rays and the Lightning professional sports organizations and within two hours to Disney and the Orlando attractions. For more than 30 years, IMG Academies has helped countless youth, adult, collegiate and professional athletes reach their full potential in sport and life, by providing expert coaching, tailored programs and world-class facilities within an energetic environment across a 400-acre campus. Today the campus attracts more than 20,000 athletes from 100 countries annually. The Academies consists of the IMG Bollettieri Tennis Academy, IMG Leadbetter Golf Academy, IMG Madden Football Academy, IMG Baseball, Basketball, Basketball and Soccer academies – all supported by the IMG Pendleton School and IMG Performance Institute’s multi-faceted training disciplines.