Assistant Director of Basketball Operations Job Description:
- Responsible for managing/tracking all the recruiting functions of a Division I basketball office.
- Individual must adhere to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the university, the Pac-12 Conference and the NCAA.
- Coordinate the Men’s Basketball recruiting efforts.
- Oversee and supervise the management of all recruiting strategies including; phone records, recruiting visits, NCAA regulation updates, and written contact with potential student-athletes.
- Assist the Director of Operations with team travel including, but not limited to, flight and hotel arrangements, ground transportation, restaurant logistics and issues that may arise during away trips.
- Assist with film exchange during season which facilitates the sharing of game film with fellow Pac-12 Conference teams.
- Assist with summer camps.
- Oversee the daily student-athlete class attendance and study hall responsibilities.
- Individual will perform special duties and projects as requested by the Head Men’s Basketball Coach and the Director of Operations.
Submit letter of interest, resume, credentials, and the names and phone numbers of three references to Mark Ruckwardt, University of Oregon Athletic Department, 2727 Leo Harris Parkway, Eugene, OR 97401. Fax (541) 346-5031. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin July 27, 2012; position open until filled. Finalist must successfully complete a criminal background check. An equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Assistant Director of Basketball Operations Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in Division I basketball as a player or coach required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, XO’s video systems and database technologies preferred.
- Candidates with experience serving the needs of diverse populations are strongly desired.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and interpretations preferred.
- Successful candidate must pass background check.