Basketball Coach Job Description:
- Rogers State University, a member of the NAIA and Sooner Athletic Conference, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach.
- This is a full-time, 12-month position. RSU is a candidate for NCAA Division II membership and has been granted provisional membership to the Heartland Conference.
- The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach will be responsible for assisting the head coach in all facets of the men’s basketball program.
- This individual will assist in planning, organizing and implementing all practice schedules and game strategies.
- The individual also needs to be able to successfully recruit highly competitive student athletes.
- Secondary duties include: Tracking of student athlete academic progress, including but not limited to supervising study halls, arrangement of travel schedules/meals, and setting up practice times for road trips. Successful candidate may also have part-time teaching duties based on qualifications or be involved with intramural activities. Other duties as assigned by the Head Men’s BasketballCoach, Athletic Director and/or Academic department head.
Basketball Coach Job Requirements:
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with experience coaching basketball.Preferred Qualifications: Masters degree in Sports Management or Sports Administration with a familiarity and exposure to collegebasketball.
For application instructions, visit www.rsu.edu/employment.