- Assumes responsibility for a particular aspect of the sport as assigned by the Head Coach,
- planning short and long terms objectives under the leadership of the head coach,
- demonstrating technical expertise in the basics of the sport,
- and teaching the fundamentals and advanced level skills and game strategies to student-athletes,
- recruiting players including determining which schools to visit and which athletes to recruit,
- recommending the selection of team members,
- supervising practice sessions,
- scouting future opponents,
- providing expert advice to the head coach and team members,
- providing guidance or mentoring to student athletes throughout the academic year,
- and assisting with monitoring academic progress of participating student-athletes.
- At least two years of experience in coaching at the intercollegiate level is required, however, extensive player experience at the collegiate level can be substituted for the coaching experience.
- Any coaching experience in a NCAA Division I level program is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations governing recruitment, eligibility and related functions is required.
For required qualifications and application procedures: https://jobs.missouristate.edu or call (417)836-4683.
Pay grade: Unclassified.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Successful canidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations.. Employment will require a criminal background check at University expense. AA/EOE.