Basketball Coach Job Description:
Will also serve as head men’s cross country coach.
*Administers assigned athletic program in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the athletics department, the New England Collegiate Conference, and the NCAA.
*Ensures compliance with all rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards for student athlete financial aid, eligibility, and recruiting.
*Instructs student athletes on improving personal and teamwork skills. Provides guidance and encouragement to help students profit from participation.
*Develops action plans that will monitor and support the academic progress of student athletes.
*Evaluates individual and team performances. Develops successful game strategies.
*Establishes and maintains a recruiting program that facilitates the successful recruitment of student athletes for program-specific recruiting goals.
*Oversee the conduct and discipline of student athletes.
*Provides technical leadership to assistant coaches, trainers and student workers. Leads through example; monitors, influences and trains others. Provides input to supervisor on performance reviews and helps to identify development needs.
*Manages budget for assigned athletic program. Market and promote the program. Participate in the Athletic Department’s fundraising events.
Basketball Coach Job Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in a related area from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Proven record of recruiting NCAA Division III student athletes in assigned athletic program. Previous coaching experience desired.
- Able to interact with employees, students and outside contacts of all levels.
- Efficiently utilize a personal computer and related software including Microsoft Office, department specific software, and internet proficiencies.
- Proven educational or administrative experience in solving problems for individuals or teams. Experience with analyzing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of options and exercise critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment skills.
- Proven track record of handling and organizing multiple items with timely completions.
- Proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Past history of developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.