The assistant coach reports directly to the head coach.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited too:
- helping the head coach with operating budget procedures,
- processing purchase orders and check requests,
- practice and game preparations,
- film exchange,
- monitoring student-athletes’ advancements in the classroom,
- and accomplishing other administrative duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both a verbal and written manner.
- Good basketball I.Q.
- Loyalty to the head coach and the head coach’s ideas and philosophy’s.
- Ability to handle responsibility and achieve tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to create relationships that will be beneficial to our program in terms of recruiting, potential NCAA D1 and 2 games, etc.
- This position reports directly to the head basketball coach. It is imperative that he or she has been around the game and has a passion for all phases (coaching, recruiting, and administrative responsibilities). The assistant coach must be able to relate to the team’s players, while also being able keep his/her relationships very professional.
- Bachelor’s degrees is required
Related Work Experience:
- High school and/or collegiate playing/coaching experience is desired. Must be eligible to hire.
Please submit letter of interest, a resume with 5 references to Vickie Rickard, Director of Human Resources, Cumberland University, One Cumberland Square, Lebanon, TN 37087, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. or by fax to