Basketball Coach Job Description:
Under direction of the head basketball coach, the incumbent will…
- assist with the coaching of men’s basketball student-athletes in practice and competition;
- support the conditioning and training of student-athletes,
- teach and develop sport specific skills and coaching strategies to enhance the athletic performance of student-athletes;
- assist in the success of team performance and eligibility criteria; recruitment of quality student-athletes within the guidelines of the Code of Recruitment if required by the head coach;
- handle film exchange;
- enforce written team rules and expectations including on and off campus conduct;
- compliance with NCAA, MountainWest Conference, Athletic Department and University rules and policies;
- assist in the monitoring and maintenance of academic progress and eligibility of team members, and in the coordination of team travel as needed; if applicable, prepare data and reports as necessary in support of NCAA, MountainWest Conference and University rules compliance;
- encouraged to assist in the promotion of gate receipts and fund raising activities;
- and support the department’s commitment to gender equity and diversity.
A University Application for Athletic Corporation Positions, a resume, and a list of three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required.
The application is available on the Fresno State Jobs website at: http://jobs.fresnostate.edu
Apply: California State University, Fresno for the Athletic Corporation Joyal Administration Building, Room 211 5150 North Maple Avenue, JA71 Fresno, California 93740-8026 Telephone: (559) 278-2032 FAX: (559) 278-4275