Basketball Coach Job Description:
- Assistant coach for Division II men’s basketball program, to begin work mid-August.
- Full-time, 9-month position (mid-August to mid-May) with State benefits.
- Assist with all facets of the men’s basketball program as assigned by the Head Coach including student-athlete recruitment, scouting, academic monitoring of players, game and practice planning, fundraising, and on-the-court coaching.
- Teach six credit hours/semester of coursework in Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Sports Department and serve on committees, assist with accreditation processes and programmatic review.
- 50% basketball coaching and 50% teaching.
Basketball Coach Job Requirements:
- Minimum qualifications include master’s degree in Health, Phys Ed, Recreation or related field and valid driver’s license.
- Strongly preferred qualifications include previous college playing, college coaching and college teaching experience preferred.
- Experience with COPLAC or NCAA Division II member institutions and experience with Front Rush recruiting software and Hudl video systems are also preferred.
- All applicants must apply on line via http://www.shepherd.edu/hrweb/
- Applicants must submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.