Basketball Coach Job Description:
- Teach and coach sport-specific skills and techniques on a part-time basis, develop student-athletes in the North Park University Philosophy, participate in the overall program strategy, assist with student-athlete recruitment and retention.
- Coach a particular position or skill (or assist a coach); in conjunction with the coaching staff, organize standard practices and develop individual players in those positions.
- Assist with all aspects of team recruiting strategy, as assigned by the recruiting coordinator; attend high school or AAU games, call and write players, and record recruiting action; communicate with the admission office, developing appropriate coaching contacts, marketing plans, and target key student-athletes for admission counselors.
- Assist with monitoring academic progress of all student-athletes on the team, especially in the coach’s particular specialty, in connection with the coaching staff, compliance coordinator and athletic director.
- Help execute and develop game day preparations, as assigned by the head coach and in conjunction with the coaching staff, by analyzing film, designing strategies, communicating with players in the specialty areas, and writing reports. Assist with sports organizational needs.
- Develop and implement an on-going professional development plan as it relates to the sport in general, recruiting and your assigned specialty area. Complete other duties as assigned by the head coach, associate athletic directors or the athletic director.
Basketball Coach Job Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Applicant must have coaching and sport related experience.
- Applicant must obtain acceptance in North Park University graduate program and have a personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education. Applicant must be able to work a schedule appropriate to coaching a team (i.e. days, nights, and weekends).
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please send a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to: North Park University, Tom Slyder, Head Men’sBasketball Coach, 3225 W. Foster Ave. Chicago, IL 60625. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.