Basketball Coach Job Description:
This is a full-time, 12-month position which provides direction for planning, budgeting, organizing and maintaining a well balanced, competitive, upstart men’s basketball program, which will commence its inaugural campaign prior to the 2013-14 championship season. The program will operate within the athletic policy and guidelines of Georgian Court University, the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference and NCAA Division II. Reports to the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
Head Men’s Basketball Coach Duties (60%)
- Budget for travel and equipment and coordinate logistics associated with both.
- Schedule contests appropriate for team and budget, with respect to academic schedule. Scout opponents as needed.
- Hire and Supervise assistant coaches and coordinate recruiting with assistant coaches and admissions counselors.
- Complete all reports required and collaborate with the Director of Athletics and Recreation any communication to athletes, parents, or faculty including academic and athletic conflicts.
- Evaluate individual and team performances. Select and train leaders to represent their sport appropriately. Conduct mid and end season reviews, and hold exit meeting of all athletes.
- Actively monitor academic performance of student-athletes and facilitate remediation programs.
- Be informed and enforce GCU, CACC, and NCAA rules and guidelines. Successfully complete NCAA Division II Rules Test. Attend meetings or workshops as appropriate.
- Maintain current/active certification in CPR and First Aid/AED.
- Be knowledgeable of the university’s commitment to the Mercy Core Values of respect, integrity, compassion, justice, and service; and support those values in all aspects of interaction.
- Perform other coaching-related duties as assigned.
Other Administrative Duties (40%)
- This position will have rotational administrative duties that may include Equipment Manger, Fitness Center Manager, Community Engagement, Student Employee Supervisor/Assignor, and Game Day Management.
- This position will have game day supervisory responsibilities.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
- Bachelor’s required; Master’s preferred.
- Experience in collegiate coaching; coaching men preferred.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid/AED.
- Knowledge of NCAA II rules & regulations, including recruiting knowledge (must pass annual NCAA Rules Test).
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word and Excel; knowledge/experience in relational databases preferred; aptitude for learning new software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
Application Instructions: In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Georgian Court University Employment Account by clicking on the Apply For This Job button at the top of this posting.
You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
- List of names and contact information for three professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Please visit our web site at http://www.georgian.edu