Responsible for oversight of the Men’s Basketball program including the management and administration of all phases of the program in the manner that upholds the liberal arts philosophy and objectives of the University of Wisconsin-Superior Athletic Department.Responsibilities include adherence to and enforcement of all policies and procedures of the Department, University, WIAC and NCAA rules and regulations; responsibility for oversight of the Men’s Basketball program budget, personnel, student-athlete concerns; logistics of running an intercollegiate Men’s Basketball program and determination of appropriate disciplinary action of student-athletes.
- Master’s Degree
- Collegiate coaching experience
- Experience in camps/conference/event programming.
- Head collegiate coaching experience desirable.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging.The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills.Candidates that incorporate values of inclusive excellence and diversity in their work are especially encouraged to apply.
UW-S offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance coverage for domestic partners and their eligible dependents.
Review of applications will commence June 13, 2012 and will continue until the position is filled.
Please apply online at UW-Careers(http://www.uwsuper.edu/hr/employment/career-gateway.cfm) and submit your application packet that is:
- Cover Letter
- Name and contact information (phone number and email) for three (3) professional references
- Unofficial transcripts for Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree
Internal applicants: select the internal applicant link. Registration for account not required.
External applicants: select the external applicant link and register for an account:
How to Register for a UW-Careers Account:
- To register for a UW-Careers account, click on the click here to Register link to create your user name and password.
- Search for the Coach/Associate Student Services Specialist position and click on the Apply Now button to submit a resume.
- At this time, you will be asked to complete your profile. Please select Save to continue the application process.
- To submit your letter of application and unofficial transcripts, you must add the document as an attachment by clicking on the Add Attachment link below the Cover Letters and Attachments box.
- Clicking on the Next link, please complete the required Online Questionnaire.
- After the Online Questionnaire has been completed, clickNext again to provide contact information for three professional references in the References section by selecting the Add Reference link.
- Once reference information has been listed, click on Next to complete the How did you find out about the position?section of the application process.
- Once you have completed all sections, click on the Savebutton and then Submit button to submit your materials.
At any time you may select the Save button to save your progress.When you have submitted your application, ability to change materials submitted will not be available.
If you have questions in regards to the hiring process, please contact Donya Shehan-King by email at firstname.lastname@example.org