Position: Men’s Basketball Assistant Coach
School: Colorado Northwestern CC
Colorado Northwestern Community College seeks an enthusiastic coaching professional who is committed to a competitive NJCAA Division I men’s basketball program in all facets, including supporting the academic excellence of student athletes. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, assisting the head coach with recruiting, providing coaching instruction, developing player skills, and building and maintaining positive relationships with student-athletes, staff, and faculty. This position requires compliance with NJCAA, Region18, and Colorado Northwestern Community College’s policies and procedures in all activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Represent Colorado Northwestern College and the Men’s Basketball Program in a professional manner.
– Maintain knowledge of offensive and defensive coaching strategies
– Commit to year round recruitment, including traveling to prospective games/events, phone calls, and letters to
both coaches and players and by identifying recruits athletically and academically qualified student athletes.
– Should have knowledge of all training methods and how to execute as outlined by head coac
– Maintain scouting reports and video exchange for opponents.
– Performs other related duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree preferred.
– One to two years related experience.
– Knowledge of conference and NJCAA rules and regulations.
– Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills are desired.
– Possess the ability to run practices effectively and independently when necessary.
June 4th, 2012.
We search multiple sources of basketball coaching jobs at www.CoachingBasketballWisely.com so you don’t have to! We want to help show you how to get a college basketball coaching job. It is your responsibility to verify the information. Good luck!