Our Two-Part Mission:
1. Helping you do a better coaching job
2. Helping you get a better coaching job
Any coach, any level, anywhere: 60,000+ coaches (and growing daily), from around the world!
Coaching Basketball Wisely exists to help you grow as a professional through research-based tips & strategies that go beyond the X’s & O’s to the heart of coaching.
I was blessed to have several mentors who taught me so much about coaching and leadership, on and off the court, that I feel compelled to give back to the game and the profession that has been so good to me. As I often say in speaking engagements around the world, “You might have heard people say, ‘Put your money where your mouth is. Well, I put my life where my mouth is!” I quit my coaching and teaching job that I loved, sold my house, my truck, and just about everything I could, and moved my wife and family to a new state so I could pursue my Ph.D. in Kinesiology and Sport Studies to study coaching and leadership.” I now get to dig deep into the premier coaching and leadership best practices from around the world as an Assistant Professor of Coaching Education at Georgia Southern University.
1. Podcasts– these are audio interviews with men’s and women’s international, professional, college, and youth coaches and also basketball coaching tips from a variety of sources. You can subscribe to these in iTunes. Guests include….
- International Coaches. Examples include President of the World Association of Basketball Coaches Patrick Hunt and Professional Coach John Coffino
- College Coaches: Both Men’s and Women’s, Head and Assistant, at every level. Examples include Clemson Head Men’s Basketball Coach Brad Brownell, Ole Miss Women’s Head Coach Matt Insell, and Men’s DIII National Champion Pat Miller
- USA Basketball’s BJ Johnson
- Leading experts in the field. Examples include Alan Stein and Rick Torbett.
- To see all the podcasts click here or the “Podcasts” tab at the top
2. Blog– posts with tips on a variety of coaching issues.
3. Resources (both free and for purchase)- will be regularly added to assist you in your coaching.
We are always looking for ways to help coaches, so if there is something you want or need that you don’t see please let us know!
Coach ’em up!
Hal Wilson, PhD
About the Author: See more info on Dr. Hal Wilson here. Wilson is passionate about the positive side of sports and the positive influence of coaches. In fact, he claims that the two most influential people in his life, other than his parents, were his high school football coach and his college basketball coach. Wilson has spent the last 20+ years traveling the world and soaking up the best practices of coaches at all levels. It is now his passion to share those coaching ideas with you.